Family Law CASA is deeply saddened by the deaths of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery and Breanna Taylor and the countless other lives that have been lost due to systemic racism in our country. We stand with all people of color in our community who are impacted by this violence and injustice.
Black Lives Matter.
As an organization that works to advocate for children, many of whom are kids of color, we recognize that long-term systemic change is vital and needed to protect their lives and the lives of everyone in our community who has been marginalized by centuries of racism and oppression
We recognize that we are a predominantly white organization and that we have a great responsibility to be allies for our communities of color and we commit to taking action to build a community where everyone feels safe and valued.
Together, we can create a more equitable community and world.
Resources for Learning:
- Harvard’s Implicit Bias Test
- Anti-racist reading list
- Stop Killing Us: A Real Life Nightmare
- Free Implicit Bias Training Modules
- Resource List from Rachel Cargle
- Ericka Hart’s Webinars
- Dear White Women,
- How To Make This Moment The Turning Point For Real Change
- Antiracist Allyship Starter Pack
- Critical Race Theory
- #BlackLivesMatter: 5 Tips and 25 Questions for Nonprofit and Public Organizations
- Charleston: Questions for Consideration and Discussion
- The Cost of White Comfort
- Curriculum for White Americans to Educate themselves about Race and Racism
- Racial Equity Tools
- Is Reconciliation Possible? Lessons from Combatting Modern Racism
- People’s Institute for Survival and Beyond
- Visions, Inc.
- White Culture
- Why it’s not Racist when People of Color Point out White Supremacy in White People’s Actions
- Why Pressuring Someone to Educate You About Their Struggles Is Oppression, Not Understanding
- Within Our Lifetime
- 10 Insidious Ways White Supremacy Shows Up in Our Everyday Lives
Places to Help:
- Northwest Community Bail Fund
- Black Lives Matter Seattle-King County
- NAACP Legal Defense Fund.
- Covid-19 South King County and Eastside Mutual Aid
- Bail funds/legal help by city
- Resources for Those Seeking to Help Anti-Police Brutality Protesters
- Embrace Race
- Equal Justice Initiative
- Black Lives Matter
Black-owned Businesses in Seattle: