About Family Law CASA:
Since 2002, Family Law CASA has advocated for children in high risk, contentious family litigation by providing Court Appointed Special Advocates and attorney representation. Our work benefits over 250 kids per year from low-income families in King County. For more information, please visit our website www.familylawcasa.org.
Our Racial Equity Values Statement:
At Family Law CASA, we exist in response to the family court system that disproportionately impacts BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) families. We strive to uphold the dignity and respect of all individuals by developing transparent and authentic relationships. We aspire to elevate BIPOC voices and experiences in decisions and hold ourselves, leadership and partners accountable through ensuring that we provide equitable advocacy for BIPOC children in court.
Family Law CASA is seeking a reliable and proactive development professional to manage several functions of the implementation of strategic plans to raise funds for Family Law CASA. This person will be responsible for coordinating activities and managing projects related to development and communications and serves as the central steward of the fundraising database, Salesforce. We are looking for a motivated, self-starter with excellent attention to detail, who can work effectively in a fast-paced environment and wants to support us in fulfilling our mission and grow with the organization. This is a full-time, non-exempt, salaried position that reports to our Development Director.
• Manages gift processing, donor records and gift acknowledgements.
• Oversees the Salesforce database including maintenance of donor records; generation and management of reports; support of Major Giving Program in collaboration with Major Gifts Associate; monthly reconciliation of records between Salesforce and QuickBooks with accounting; and acts as the primary contact with the SF consultant to complete needed projects.
• Collaborates with the Director of Development on planning and execution of annual campaign including in-house production of direct mail appeals.
• Assists the Director of Development with regular operations and ongoing activities.
• Manages CASA Defenders, FLC’s monthly giving program, including record-keeping in SF, regular reporting, and stewardship of members of Defenders.
• Attends Development Committee meetings and acts as recording secretary.
• Communicates with individual and corporate donors as needed.
• Assists the Director of Development with planning and logistics for donor and fundraising events to include event registration, guest management, communication, and event support.
• Attends committee meetings and acts as the recording secretary for minutes of each.
• Designs, formats, and posts regular content to social media, including larger scale campaigns during special events and annual appeal.
• Updates the Family Law CASA website re: development concerns using WordPress.
• Prepares and manages mailing lists using Mailchimp.
• Formats and sends Mailchimp emails – campaigns include fundraising appeals, event marketing, and quarterly newsletters.
• Participates in FLC staff meetings, development team meetings, and other periodic events such as advocate trainings, lunch and learns, racial equity trainings and conversations, etc.
• Three or more years in non-profit development, marketing or similar experience.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills. Ability to approach relations with staff and external partners with empathy, kindness and professionalism.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and organize responsibilities to effectively address multiple simultaneous projects and manage deadlines.
• Good work habits, problem-solving ability, attention to detail, administrative and organizational skills.
• Fundraising database experience, preferably with Salesforce.
• Experience working with Mailchimp, Canva and WordPress an added plus.
• Cultural awareness and sensitivity in working with diverse and low-income populations, with an understanding of systems of oppression facing low-income communities of color.
• Demonstrated intermediate to advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office experience required).
• Commitment to FLC’s mission and values. Formal Education Any combination of education and experience that qualifies a candidate for this position.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary range is $54,000-58,000. Generous PTO policy, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Simple IRA with 2% of salary contributed, transit card, 11 paid holidays per year and a fun work environment!
Our offices are located in Tukwila, WA. This position has option of being partially remote, but some in-person days required each week.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Family Law CASA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex assigned at birth, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.